Wednesday 18 May 2011

Evaluation

After looking at several web banners on the internet, I gathered some good ideas for my own. many of the web banners had bright and vibrant colours to catch the audiences attention. They also had a lot of interactivity or some animated movement in one way or another, again to keep the audience interested and interacting with them to lead them to the website. There were also a few web banners which were quite basic with very few colours and not that interesting so they didn't really appeal to me.

For my web banner that I am creating, I have decided to make the colours vibrant and fairly basic so that it stands out from the web page.  I will have an interactive animation within the banner involving LCD monitors.. I thought of the idea of having monitors as a main part of my banner as its advertising a media and game course, therefore the majority of course is based on a computer. I want to create an animation which has five LCD monitors, each displaying a different word for the course 'Interactive Media With game Arts'. Each word will appear one after another. There will be a button underneath each screen which once pressed it will change the word that appears on the screen. Once all of the buttons have been pressed it will say 'Plymouth College of Art' and on the fifth screen there will be a button saying 'find out more' and once clicked it navigates you to the course page on the Plymouth College of Art website. I also intend to add a button at the end, when all the buttons have been pressed so you can go back and press them all again if you wish.


I intend for my web banner to look like this;

This it what it would look like once each button has been pressed;


The button underneath the fifth monitor is the one which would take you back if you wanted to press them all again, like in the first image.

No comments:

Post a Comment