Tuesday 10 May 2011

Web Banner Research

 For this prohect we will be creating a web abnner of our own to promote the current course. Online there are a whole variety of web banners. here are of a few of my findings.


This is a web banner for specsavers. I found it on the msn home page. I chose to show this one because it was saying info about there glasses and then 2 pairs of glasses came on to banner from different angles and started to rotate slightly, as if it was showing us the glasses without holding them in your hand.

I also came across this web banner. I found it on a games website and it stood out to me as it had a conveyor belt on the banner with items which a woman might have in there hand bag with a piece of text to the side saying 'tick the thing you keep in your handbag'. As the conveyor belt carried on with these items, packets of a new special K product started coming across. This is a good way of suggesting you should have them in your hand bag.

This banner I thought was quite simple which didn't impress me much. it uses a maximum of 3 colours which doesn't really make it stand out. There was no animated, interactive part to it which didn't really keep me involved with the banner.

I found this web banner of very.co.uk within my hotmail page. I thought it was pretty boring as it was just this, an image of a woman. It uses a low amount of simple colours which makes it less attention grabbing . It also had a little icon at the bottom so you can close the add if you din't want it there which i thought was the only good bit.


In most web banners, there are several things needed to make it good, understandable and attractive. What i mean by this is they need a simple but effective message, like in the Specsavers banner it has the logo which look like a pair of glasses so you automatically know that its a glasses based company. Also they can't be to cluttered like with the Xbox banner. It looks like they have tried to get all the info into one tiny space and it looks to messy in my opinion. A good point would be that most people now what the logo and game is so they know what to expect if they clicked on it. this is quite important as brand identity as people know that its a big deal or issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment